Sometimes I get my best "craft inspiration" as I'm taking my daily walk. Today I found a pine cone and found myself wondering what I could do with it. And then it came to me! A Christmas ornament. And that's how this pine cone skier came to life!
Want to make this craft? Here's what you'll need:
- Pine cones
- Wooden beads
- Colored markers
- Pipe cleaners
- Popsicle sticks
- Felt scraps and pom-poms
- Ribbon for hanging the finished ornament
Instructions:1. Glue two popsicle sticks to the bottom of the pine cone. Let dry.
2. Use a round wooden bead for the head (we made our own from salt dough
3. With a black marker, draw a face on the bead.
4. Cut felt scraps and pom-poms to make hats and scarves. Glue to head.
5. Glue the head to the pine cone "body". Let dry.
6. Take a pipe cleaner and wrap it around the pine cone body. These are the arms and hands.
7. Glue a small button to the bottom of a toothpick (ski poles).
8. Attach to pipe cleaner "arms."
9. Add a ribbon to the ornament by tying colored string, yarn or ribbon around the skier's neck. Use as a tree ornament or glue a name tag on the front of the pine cone and use as a place card.
We hope you have fun with these easy craft ideas. To keep up-to-date on new additions to our site, please sign up for our FREE newsletter,
Real Crafts for Real Kids
Search Our Site
More Easy Fun
we have for you by visiting
our sister sites!
If you're interested in learning more about who we are and what we do, then click below!
Salt Dough Recipes
Spring Craft Ideas
Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
Preschool Spring Crafts
Plastic Bottle Crafts
Paper Bag Puppets
Spring Crafts for Kids
Ready To Craft?
[?] Subscribe To This Site