A Valentines Day Kid Craft
Holiday Pencil Toppers
Make festive pencil toppers with this Valentines Day kid craft.
Ordinary pencils just won't do for special holiday occasions. Celebrate this Valentine's Day by creating a unique pencil bouquet. Top your pencils with hearts that are sure to capture attention in the classroom. Kids will love writing holiday messages once they get their hands on this kid valentine craft idea.
Made with simple playdough (use one of our recipes) and you'll see how easy this craft is!
Have a very Happy Valentine's Day!
- Play Dough (check out our recipes) or use store-bought clay
- Food coloring
- Green pencils
- Green chenille stems (pipe cleaners)
- Green craft foam
- Prepare the play dough, form two balls
- Add red food coloring and knead into one of the dough balls
- For each heart, roll out a 1-inch ball and make an indentation in the top. This will be the tip of the heart.
- Push the pencil eraser into the bottom of the ball
- Flatten and smooth the dough forming the two rounded tops of the heart
- Roll out a small coil of dough from the uncolored dough ball
- Shape the coil into a heart shape
- Press into place on the red heart
- Allow to dry overnight
- Cut small leaf shapes from craft foam
- Poke the end of the chenille stem through the leaf
- Fold the stem over to hold the leaf in place
- Twist the chenille stem around the pencil
- Tie a bunch of pencils together with ribbon for a hearty pencil bouquet
If you craft with your toddler or preschooler, or you want to, you really owe it to yourself to check thisbook out.
We guarantee you've never seen anything like it! (Available in both spiral-notebook style or as an e-book!)
Click here for more details....Little Kid Crafts For All Seasons!
More Valentines Day Kid Craft Ideas
Back to Home Page
If you enjoyed this Valentines Day Kid Craft then you'll want to sign up for our FREE monthly newsletter,
REAL CRAFTS FOR REAL KIDS
Thanks for visiting easy-child-crafts.com
Real Crafts for Real Kids