Make our toilet paper roll crafts lion using materials you already have at home. It's creative, fun and an easy craft idea for everyone.
Follow our easy pictorial instructions and let's get crafting!
If you've got a special toilet paper roll craft (or any other) idea...let us know!
Fill out the Contact Us form and share your crafts with us!
Supplies Needed for this Craft
- 4 toilet rolls
- 1 empty cereal box
- Yellow construction paper
- Orange, red, pink, and black markers
- Googly eyes
- 1 medium sized black pompom
- 1 orange pipe cleaner
- Glue (we recommend using UHU liquid glue)
Instructions1. Cut out a yellow strip of cardstock the length and width of the toilet paper roll. Staple the strip around each of the four toilet paper rolls.
2. Staple the toilet paper rolls to each other.
3. Take the cereal box and cut out a rectangle that is 16 cm in length, and 12 cm wide. Wrap this piece in construction paper using glue on each side, as shown in the photo. This is the lion's back, which we'll attach over the legs.
4. In order to attach the rectangle piece over the toilet paper rolls (lion's legs), staple thick strips of paper into each of the rolls. Bend them, and glue the rectangle piece to them.
5. Fit the rectangle over the top of the toilet paper rolls. Fold the edge of the rectangle up so that you will be able to attach the head of the lion.
6. Now we're ready to make the lion's head and face. Cut two circles - one from the yellow construction paper (16.5 cm), and one from the cereal box (10.5 cm).
7. Glue the smaller circle onto the bigger circle.
8. Place the two circles on a table so that the smaller circle is face down. Trace the smaller circle on the other side using a pencil. Go over this circle with the orange marker.
9. Cut lines around the lion's face, as shown in picture, and add the mane's details (orange lines around the lion's face). Glue the googly eyes and black pompom (lion's nose) into place, and draw the lion's mouth in using the colored markers.
10. Glue the lion's head to the flap you created earlier on the rectangle attached to the the legs.
11. For the lion's tail, cut small pieces of orange piper cleaner. Roll a strip of yellow construction paper and staple at one end. At the other end, attach the pipe cleaner pieces. Attach the tail in between the lion's back and his legs.
That's it! This adorable toilet paper roll crafts lion makes a cute shelf decoration in any child's room! Enjoy!
Find More Easy Craft Ideas Here
We hope you have fun with these easy craft ideas. To keep up-to-date on new additions to our site, please sign up for our FREE newsletter,
Real Crafts for Real Kids
Like & Follow!
Salt Dough Recipes
Preschool Bee Craft
Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
Paper Bag Puppets
Plastic Bottle Crafts
More Easy Fun
we have for you by visiting
our sister site!
TP Roll Ideas
Site Build It
[?] Subscribe To This Site