Make a statement this year with our easy Thanksgiving table decorations. They're fun to make, colorful and easy enough for all your kids! Everyone
gets their own name tag and napkin holder with this project. So clear off the table, bring on the paint and paint brushes and have some holiday craft fun!
Check it out...
This craft is so easy to make. Let's take a look at what you'll need:
Materials for Thanksgiving Table Decorations
Construction paper - yellow, orange, and red
Tempera paint - yellow, red and orange (mix red and yellow paint to get orange)
1. Cut out a rectangle (1.5" x 4" or 4 cm x 10 cm) from the red construction paper. (One rectangle for each name tag-as many as you need)
2. In a Word document, print out the names of your family members and Thanksgiving dinner guests.
3. Print out the names, cut them out, and glue each one to a name tag.
4. For the leaves, pour some yellow, red, and orange tempera paint onto a plate. Take the sponge, dip all of the colors, and dab onto the yellow and orange pieces of construction paper.
5. Using the leaves from our template, cut the leaves out of the painted construction paper. Tip: Cut a square piece from the painted paper, and fold in half. Cut half of the leaf, and put it on the folded piece of paper so that the cut edge is on the fold. Then cut around the leaf, This will ensure the symmetry of the leaf and will save you a little cutting!
6. Punch a hole at the bottom of each leaf, as well as on the edge of each name tag.
7. Cut strips of twine, and tie the three leaves to each name tag. To get a "branch" effect, tie one leaf to the name tag, and tie the two other leaves to the twine of the first leaf, as shown in picture.
For the napkin ring:
1. Cut a strip of the red construction paper.
2. Staple the edges, so that you've created a ring.
3. Punch a hole at the top middle of the ring.
4. Cut more leaves (our template)out of the painted construction paper.
5. Punch a hole at the bottom of each leaf, and tie to the napking ring using twine. Again, for the "branch" effect, tie one leaf to the napkin ring, and tie the two other leaves to the twine of the first leaf, as shown in picture.
That's it! You're ready to set the table with these Thanksgiving table decorations that you made youself!
You might also be interested in these easy craft ideas from our site.