Great Thanksgiving Art Projects Start with a Paper Plate
As far as Thanksgiving art projects are concerned, we're at the "overload" stage. We've been brainstorming and creating new crafts for about
a month, and it's now "down to the wire" with Thanksgiving right around the corner. We've always loved paper plate crafts and when Maya started
thinking about creating some Pilgrims from a paper plate, we got curious. We waited, watched...and we weren't dissappointed! See if you agree.
Check it out...
This craft is super easy to make. Let's take a look at what you'll need:
Two white paper plates (we got ours at Target)
Construction paper - yellow and black
Crayons or markers
1. Cut the rim off of the paper plate. Use our picture as a guide. Save the cut rim for a later step 7.
2. Draw on your Pilgrims' faces. Include hair (we colored ours orange), eyes, nose, mouth and cheeks.
3. From black constructions paper, cut out a hat shape. You can copy our shape, but there's also room for lots of imagination here.
4. Now we need to add the buckle to the hat. Cut a square from yellow construction paper. Fold this square in half.
Cut out a smaller square. Unfold the paper square and you should have your buckle!
5. Glue the buckle to the front of your Pilgrim's hat.
6. Now glue the hat to the top of your Pilgrim's head.
7. Remember the top rims that you cut off of the paper plates in step 1? We're going to need them now. If you're making the girl Pilgrim, just take one rim and staple it to the top of the Pilgrim's head for a bonnet. For the boy Pilgrim, cut the rim into two pieces. Color one of the pieces orange. This will be his beard. Glue it to the Pilgrim's chin.
That's it! You should have two very cute Pilgrims!
You might also be interested in more Thanksgiving art projects from our site.