St Patricks Day Crafts Leprechaun Decoration
Let's take a look at what you'll need:
Instructions1. Print out two copies of our template onto green card stock. This is the leprechaun's body. Cut out, go over the lines with a black marker, staple together, leaving an opening at the top and bottom (do not staple the top and bottom shut). Set aside.
2. Stick the Styrofoam ball onto the skewer. Cut a circle and two triangles out of the orange felt. The circle part is the leprechaun's hair (glue on top of the Styrofoam ball), and the triangles are his beards (glue to each side of the ball, as shown in picture).
3. For the hat, cut out a circle from the green craft foam. This will be the bottom of the hat. Make sure it fits the leprechaun's head, and isn't too big, or too small.
4. Next, cut a strip from the green foam, this is the raised part of the top hat. glue sides together, forming a cylinder shape, then glue to the circle part of that hat, as pictured. Once you've done that, cut a thin strip of green foam and place inside the hat, bolstering the pieces. Hold in place until dry.
5. Finally, cut the buckle and belt of the hat out of the black and yellow craft foam. Glue the buckle to the hat band, and then glue the band to the hat. Once all of the pieces are dry, glue the hat onto the leprechaun's head. Hold in place until dry.
6. Slide the stapled body of the leprechaun up the skewer so that it sits just below the head. Strengthen with more staples if needed.
7. Glue the googly eyes in place, on each side of the head. Draw in the mouth and two circles (with the highlighter) for the cheeks. That's it! All done! Now all you have left to do is find the perfect spot for your leprechaun to greet your visitors! I put mine in a potted plant on the porch!
More Ideas for Leprechaun Crafts
Link to UsIf you use any of our our free crafts or coloring pages on your site, please copy the code shown in the box below and paste it into your page. This creates a link back to us. Please make sure it appears close to the images of our material. Thanks!
We hope you have fun with these easy craft ideas. To keep up-to-date on new additions to our site, please sign up for our FREE newsletter,
Real Crafts for Real Kids
Like & Follow!
Salt Dough Recipes
Preschool Bee Craft
Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
Paper Bag Puppets
Plastic Bottle Crafts
More Easy Fun
we have for you by visiting
our sister site!
Fisher Price Little People St. Patrick's Day Parade Play Set
The Leprechaun Trap: A Family Tradition For Saint Patrick's Day
Meri Meri St. Patrick's Day Cupcake Kit 24 Count Party Supply
[?] Subscribe To This Site