Spring Kid Crafts
Watch a Caterpillar Emerge from this Spring Craft Idea
Use Spring kid crafts to teach your children all about the wonderful world of butterflies.
Did you know, for instance, that a butterfly goes through three stages (egg, larvae, and pupa) before it actually becomes a butterfly?
Here at easy-child-crafts.com we try to make learning as much fun as possible. This caterpillar project is our favorite craft for demonstrating the first (egg) stage in the life cycle of a butterfly.
This kid paper craft is not only easy to make, but your kids (and ours :) will have as much fun playing with the finished craft as they did in creating it. ENJOY!
Now let's see what Jordan needed to complete this project.
- Cardboard (We used an empty cereal box) but a paper plate would also work well.
- Light green paint, markers, or crayons
- Paper clip for antenna
- Craft eyes (optional)
- Round headed paper fastener
1. Cut out an oval shape from cardboard so that it resembles an egg.
2. Color or paint the oval green.
3. Cut the oval into two equal halves (top and bottom).
4. Fasten the two pieces of cardboard with the round headed paper fastener.
5. Make a caterpillar head from cardboard.
6. Decorate the caterpillar.
7. Glue the caterpillar to the back of the bottom of the half so that his head sticks out.
This craft was inspired by our favorite butterfly site www.butterflywebsite.com
Butterfly Spring Kid Crafts
Other Spring Craft Ideas
We hope you have fun with these easy craft ideas. To keep up-to-date on new additions to our site, please sign up for our FREE newsletter,
REAL CRAFTS FOR REAL KIDS
Thanks for visiting easy-child-crafts.com
Real Crafts for Real Kids