The best spring crafts for children can be found here at easy-child-crafts.com.
If your kids are enchanted by butterflies, then this craft is for you! One of many butterfly crafts that we offer, this butterfly mobile is an easy kid paper craft made with materials found in most households. Contruction paper, scissors and glue are the main "ingredients'" that are needed to complete this craft. The finished product will make a great decoration for the room of your favorite butterfly lover.
So spread your creative wings, start crafting, and we hope you enjoy this project!
Now let's check out the list of materials you're going to need.
- A large hoop (we used the frame of a discarded paper lantern), but you could use an embroidery hoop
- Colored construction paper
- Colored crepe paper
- Nylon fishing line
- A printer and our template.
1. Cut a 1-inch wide strip of colored crepe paper, tape the end over the embroidery hoop and start wrapping. Secure ends with glue.
2. Place a sheet of A4 colored construction paper into the paper feed of your printer. Print out our template. Cut out the butterfly stencil and don't forget to cut out the marked sections on the wings. If you don't own a printer or just want to create your own template, fold the construction paper in half. Trace out your own design and cut. Repeat for the amount of butterfiles you want for your mobile. Note: You need two butterflies cut-outs to make one butterfly for your mobile.
3. Glue pieces of crepe paper to cover the holes cut in the wings of one butterfly. Place a second butterfly over the first and glue in place.
4. Punch a small hole in the corner of one wing. String fishing line through the hole and then onto the hoop.
5. Repeat the preceding steps for all your butterflies. Hang at varying lengths from the hoop.
Our inspiration for Spring Crafts for Children came from "Better Homes and Gardens" magazine May 2003 edition.
Foam Butterfly Craft Kit
Butterfly Wall Decals
We hope you have fun with these easy craft ideas. To keep up-to-date on new additions to our site, please sign up for our FREE newsletter,
Real Crafts for Real Kids
Search Our Site
More Easy Fun
we have for you by visiting
our sister sites!
If you're interested in learning more about who we are and what we do, then click below!
Salt Dough Recipes
Spring Craft Ideas
Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
Preschool Spring Crafts
Plastic Bottle Crafts
Paper Bag Puppets
Spring Crafts for Kids
Ready to Craft?
[?] Subscribe To This Site