We've Got the Best Recycled Craft Ideas on the Web
Check Out Our Easy Recycled Craft Ideas!
We've been brainstorming recycled craft ideas and found some inspiration from plain old milk cartons. Our goal was to create something that we could put to good use. Have a look at what we came up with!
The idea is super easy. Here's what you'll need:
Two one-liter milk cartons, washed and dried
glue stick, white glue or a glue gun (adult supervision required)
Markers, crayons, colored pencils (your choice)
1. Wash out your milk cartons and let dry completely.
2. Print out our template.
3. Cut out the pieces of the template from foam sheets or construction paper. Set aside.
4. Place your dried cartons on a sheet of colored construction paper. Measure how much paper you'll need to cover the milk carton on all sides. Cut out...but don't glue it on your cartons, yet!
5. Now's the time to head out into the garden and fill your milk cartons with sand. When that's done...head back inside to continue gluing.
6. Okay, now glue the construction paper to the milk carton. When that's dry, go ahead and decorate your bookends. Use the template pieces you cut out earlier, or come up with ideas of your own.
That's it....let the glue dry before you decorate your bookshelf with your new bookends! And thanks for recycling....it's important!
Here are some more pictures of other easy craft ideas from our site.