- One 2-liter plastic pop bottle
- Old magazine pages (preferably colored) or wrapping paper
- Paper Mache Recipe
- Paints and paintbrushes
1. Wash and dry your plastic pop bottle.
2. Ask a grownup to help you with this part. Using your scissors, cut the middle section out of the bottle. You should have the bottom and top pieces left. (Check out the photo for reference).
3. Tape the two remaining pieces together with wide width cellotape.
4. Mix up your Paper Mache Glue.
5. Wad up some newspaper to for a head for your doll and tape it to the top of your bottle. 6. Rip up your newspaper into strips, wet with the paper mache glue and paste onto your bottle. Repeat this until your bottle is completely covered. Set aside and let dry completely!
7. Use colored pages from old magazines (ask Mom first), or use different wrapping paper to make clothes. Glue onto your doll. Again, let the glue dry completely.
8. Paint on facial features and any other decorations you may want to add! Let dry!
9. To preserve the finished craft, it's recommended to paint (or spray) with clear shellac.
That's it...wasn't that easy.
Now it's time for you to come up with your own ideas for recycled crafts ! We'd love to see what you made.
Share Your Special Craft Ideas!!
We hope you have fun with these easy craft ideas. To keep up-to-date on new additions to our site, please sign up for our FREE newsletter,
Real Crafts for Real Kids
Like & Follow!
Salt Dough Recipes
Preschool Bee Craft
Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
Paper Bag Puppets
Plastic Bottle Crafts
More Easy Fun
we have for you by visiting
our sister site!
[?] Subscribe To This Site