We just added this paper plate snowman craft to our site's Winter Crafts for Kids section. The idea of crafting with paper plates isn't a new one, and so we had a little in family competition to see what we could come up with. Maya won hands down, which isn't surprising considering that she's our #1 "crafter".
This was a cinch to make. Here are the supplies you'll need:
- Two paper plates
- Black and orange construction paper
- Ribbon or string
- A hole puncher
InstructionsUsing our picture for reference: 1. Punch a hole in each paper plate. Join them by stringing a bit of ribbon through the holes and tying in a knot.
2. Make a hat out of the black construction paper. You'll need one square shape and one long, thin rectangular shape.
3. Glue the hat pieces together and then glue to the head of the snowman.
4. Cut out two small circles for eyes and four small circles for the mouth. Glue in place.
5. Take a small bit of orange construction paper and roll it into a cylinder. Staple closed.
6. Cut a hole in the middle of the paper plate (for the nose). Take your orange cylinder and place it through the hole. Secure on the wrong side of the paper plate by making notches and glueing them to the paper plate.
7. Glue buttons on the front of your snowman.
That's it! Wasn't that easy? Now all you have to do is grab a camera, snap a photo of your finished craft and submit it to our "Show and Tell"!
These thumbprints are just some examples of the easy coloring pages we have on site. Check out the navbar for more options, choose your favorite printable coloring sheet, print it out from your computer, grab your crayons and get ready to create some awesome pictures!
Keep in mind--there are no rules--inside the lines or outside of them...It's all about the process, not the final product!
Now let's start coloring!
We hope you have fun with these easy craft ideas. To keep up-to-date on new additions to our site, please sign up for our FREE newsletter,
Real Crafts for Real Kids
Like & Follow!
Salt Dough Recipes
Preschool Bee Craft
Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
Paper Bag Puppets
Plastic Bottle Crafts
More Easy Fun
we have for you by visiting
our sister site!
[?] Subscribe To This Site