Wondering what you can make from a simple white paper plate? Maya came up with this idea that she thought you might like to try.
Let"s get started and see what we'll need:
One white paper plate (we got ours at Target)
Colored foam sheets
A black marker
1. Always use our photos for reference.
2. Cut the paper plate in half. Lay one half, flat on your work surface.
3. Cut a half circle of construction paper for the dress. Glue in place.
4. From a flesh colored foam sheet, cut out an oval shape. This will be your lady's face. Draw on eyes, nose and mouth. Cut out hair from felt and glue in place.
5. Now it's time to decorate! Cut two rectangles from felt to use for the arms. Our hands were made from small ovals cut from the flesh colored foam sheet. Our little lady is holding flowers that Maya cut from felt. The simpler the better. She also made a beaded necklace (using fishing wire and beads) which she tied around the head piece.
6. The last step is to glue everything together. You've already glued the "dress" onto the plate. Now glue the head, arms and whatever else you made in place. Let the glue dry. Then take the two corners of the paper plate and join them to make a cone shape. Staple together, and you should have a cute little lady!
We're always curious about how our crafts worked for you. So... would you consider sending in a picture of your paper plate art to be featured in our photo gallery? It's easy to do!