We've been brainstorming ideas for paper Christmas ornaments and have come up with a couple of cute ideas. The first is a Christmas tree ornament
made with crepe paper, popsicle sticks, some glitter and tinsel.
You know that we're always on the lookout for creative and easy craft ideas that won't break your budget. Pricey ornaments just aren't our thing...give us
handmade, simple, homespun decorations for our tree. Paper, material scraps and just about anything else around our house is fair game.
Check out Maya's latest creation.
Let's see what you'll need:
Six Popsicle sticks
Green crepe paper
Sequins (we used assorted colors)
Glue (we used UHU liquid glue)
1. Glue 4 popsicles together, making a triangle with one going through the middle. Glue the remaining popsicle sticks across the triangle as shown in picture. You'll need to cut one of them to fit near the top of the triangle. Use our picture for reference.
2. Cut strips of green crepe paper and glue them onto the frame going across the triangle. Once you're done, turn the "tree" over and trim the sides.
3. Fringe the crepe paper using scissors, as shown in picture.
4. Spread glue on your "tree", and sprinkle with sequins.
5. Bend the pipecleaner and glue to the tree (this is your "garland"). You may want to twist it around the sticks in the back to bolster.
6. Glue a ribbon in a loop to the top of the tree.
7. That's it! How easy was that? Now all that's left to do is to hang your ornament on your tree! Merry Christmas!
Link to Us:
We're hard at work to provide you with the best, easy craft ideas that we can think. If you'd like to link to our site, please copy the code shown in the box below, paste it into your own page making sure it's placed close to our images. If you want a reciprocal link, just ask! We'll be more than happy to oblige. Thanks!
More Paper Christmas Ornaments and Ideas . Take a look!