1. Print out our templates and cut out the pieces. You can print the pieces on white cardstock and color the body parts, or you can print the template pieces on colored construction paper and cut them out. Your call :)
2. Once you decided on your paper colors, cut out the template pieces and lay them out in front of you.
3. Outline and color the mouth and muzzle template pieces. Don't forget to color the tongue bright red!
4. Use a black marker to color in the hooves (lower part of leg piece).
5. Now that we've cut out and colored all of the body parts, now it's time to glue them to the bag. Let's start with the head. Put glue on the back and place it on the center of the bag's flap. Check the photo if you have a question.
6. Now, glue each body part to the bag. As you let the head dry, glue on the horse's four legs. Then glue on the forelock, eyes, ears and mouth!
That's it, you're done! Now you're ready to put on a puppet show! Check out our recommendation for a neat puppet stage.