Fun Leprechaun Crafts : Paper Bag Puppets
Let's take a look at what you'll need:
Instructions1. Let's start out by cutting out two rectangles that will cover the paper bag. The first rectangle will be cut out of green card stock and will be the size of the front of the paper bag. The second rectangle will be flesh colored and cover the flap part of the paper bag. Check out our pictures for more information.
2. From the orange card stock, cut out another rectangle, slightly bigger than the flesh colored one. Cut a fringe along three edges of the orange square. This will be the leprechaun's beard.
3. Using our template, cut the leprechaun's hat out of green card stock. Cut out the hat band and buckle, too. Glue them to the hat, as shown in picture.
4. Now it's time to start putting our leprechaun together. Start by glueing the green rectangle to the front of the paper bag. Then take the orange rectangle and glue it to the "flap" of the bag.
5. Glue the flesh colored rectangle (the face) onto the orange beard. Next, glue the hat to the top of the face. This should now start looking like a leprechaun!
6. We all know that leprechauns all love that pot of gold. Well it's time we made ours. Cut the pot from our template out of black card stock. Make the gold from bits of crumpled toilet paper. Glue them to the top of the pot. Brush them with a bit of glue and sprinkle glitter on them. Let this all dry.
7. Glue the pot to the front of the leprechaun's body. Cut out two small green rectangles (from our template) and glue them over the pot. These are the leprechaun's arms. Glue two small flesh colored circles (hands) to the end of the arms. Add two black half circles from our template and glue to the bottom of the body for shoes. Again, refer to our picture. We're almost done!
8. Complete the leprechaun's face by gluing the googly eyes on, the beige pompom for the nose, and, using the black marker, draw a smile (use our picture for reference). Don't forget to cut out two small circle's out of pink card stock. These are the leprechaun's cheeks, which complete the look. Take a pencil and roll the beard for the final effect.
Congratulations! You now have an adorable leprechaun paper bag puppet just in time for St. Paddy's Day!
More Ideas for Leprechaun Crafts
Link to UsIf you use any of our our free crafts or coloring pages on your site, please copy the code shown in the box below and paste it into your page. This creates a link back to us. Please make sure it appears close to the images of our material. Thanks!
We hope you have fun with these easy craft ideas. To keep up-to-date on new additions to our site, please sign up for our FREE newsletter,
Real Crafts for Real Kids
Like & Follow!
Salt Dough Recipes
Preschool Bee Craft
Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
Paper Bag Puppets
Plastic Bottle Crafts
More Easy Fun
we have for you by visiting
our sister site!
Fisher Price Little People St. Patrick's Day Parade Play Set
The Leprechaun Trap: A Family Tradition For Saint Patrick's Day
Meri Meri St. Patrick's Day Cupcake Kit 24 Count Party Supply
[?] Subscribe To This Site