When is it a good time to use our kids winter crafts? When it's it's soooooo cold outside that even the most fun loving kids won't want to leave the house to go play in the snow.
Take this winter craft for example. Here we used styrofoam balls to create a cute snowman that can double as a table decoration.
How ingenious is that? Want to learn how we made it?
Check out our picture, look at the supply list and follow our easy instructions. Have fun with the latest addition to our Kids Winter Crafts selection.
The idea is really easy. Here's a list of supplies that you'll need:
- Three styrofoam balls in graduating sizes
- Two pipe cleaners
- Two pompoms
- Black marker
- One paper towel roll
- White paint
InstructionsUsing our picture for reference:
1. The base of our snowman is made from a 1.5 inch (4 cm) piece of a paper towel roll that we cut and painted white.
2. Glue the largest styrofoam ball to the base.
3. Stick a toothpick into the top center of the largest ball and attach the second styrofoam ball.
4. The smallest ball will be the snowman's head. Using a fine tipped black marker, make 2 eyes and dots for the (coal) mouth). Glue a triangular piece of red felt for the carrot nose. On the top of the ball, glue on a (approximate) 2-inch (5 cm) piece of pipe cleaner. On either end, glue on a pompom. (This should be made to look like ear muffs). Attach this ball to your body, using another toothpick.
5. Next, take a pipe cleaner and cut it in half. Stick each piece into the side of the middle styrofoam ball for your snowman's arms.
6. Finally, cut a length of felt for a scarf, Wrap it around your snowman's neck and glue it into place. Congrats! Your snowman is complete!
When you finish your crafts, keep in mind that we'd love to see what you made. Grab a camera, snap a photo of your finished craft and submit it to our "Show and Tell!"
These thumbprints are just some examples of the easy coloring pages we have on site. Check out the navbar for more options, choose your favorite printable coloring sheet, print it out from your computer, grab your crayons and get ready to create some awesome pictures!
Keep in mind--there are no rules--inside the lines or outside of them...It's all about the process, not the final product!
Now let's start coloring!
We hope you have fun with these easy craft ideas. To keep up-to-date on new additions to our site, please sign up for our FREE newsletter,
Real Crafts for Real Kids
Like & Follow!
Salt Dough Recipes
Preschool Bee Craft
Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
Paper Bag Puppets
Plastic Bottle Crafts
More Easy Fun
we have for you by visiting
our sister site!
[?] Subscribe To This Site