Kids Thanksgiving Crafts Let You Post Thankful Notes!
Get your message of thanks out there with this adorable turkey note holder. Maya came up with the idea and it's super easy to make. We provide step-by-step instructions and have even included a template.
You can't go wrong with this craft! Take a look and see!
This craft is super easy to make. Let's take a look at what you'll need:
2. Cut out the template pieces of the turkey from colored craft foam.
3. Glue the body piece to the clothespin, as shown.
4. Glue the eyes, beak, feet and waddle to the turkey body.
5. Start glueing the feathers together. Overlap them and glue. Let the glue dry completely before moving on to the next step. This should take about ten minutes.
6. Place the turkey body face down on your work surface so that the clothespin is facing you. Glue the feathers to the clothespin. When you turn the turkey face up it should look like the picture on the right.
7. Now we need to attach the skewer. Turn your turkey face down on your work surface. Glue the blunt end of the skewer to the clothespin. Hold in place while the glue dries.
8. This is your final step! Paint or decorate a small paper cup. When dry, fill the cup with pebbles, clay, or play-doh. Use masking tape to close the top of the cup so that the contents will stay in place.
Turn the cup over and poke the skewer through the bottom of the cup and into the contents so the noteholder will stand on its own.
That's it! Wasn't that easy? Now you have a special turkey helper to keep you posted.
You might also be interested in more kids Thanksgiving crafts from our site.