As the Christmas season moves into high gear, our kids often get caught up in the "gimme-gimme" mode. As parents, we hold the responsibility of teaching our children that it's often "better to give than to receive." Even the youngest of children can learn the joys that generosity and charity can bring. Help your kids to think creatively this year and encourage them to "share their wealth".
Here are our suggestions to get you started with some inexpensive, easy kid Christmas arts and crafts.
Or send us your ideas by filling out the "Contact Us" form and we'll publish them here on our site!
Have a Happy Holiday and Happy Crafting!
Hand Stamped StationerySupplies:
- Card stock or construction paper
- Craft foam
- Small wooden blocks
- Ink pad
- Fold cardstock in half to resemble notecards
- Cut shapes out of craft foam and glue onto wooden blocks. Let dry.
- Press stamp onto an ink pad and press onto the cardstock
- When dry, stack the notecards and tie with raffia
Special Cocoa MixSupplies:
- Plain glass mug
- Sandwich bags
- Craft foam
- Clear craft glue
- Colored construction paper
- Holiday ribbon
- Cut the craft foam into holiday shapes: trees, mittens, snowmen
- Glue to the sides of a clear, glass mug
- Fill a sandwich bag with the following mix:
1 1/2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
Mix these ingredients in a mixing bowl. Divide into 3 sandwich bags, one cup per bag. Seal the sandwich bag and place inside the decorated mug. Attach a gift tag which includes preparation directions.
Gift Tag Directions: Pour 2/3 cup boiling water into a blender container. Add 1/4 cup of the cocoa mix. Cover and blend. Pour into this holiday mug and enjoy!
Holiday Picture FrameSupplies:
- Craft foam sheets
- Photograph of your child
- Cut the craft foam into holiday shapes: stars, Christmas trees, snowmen
- Glue a photograph into the center of the design
- Glue a magnet strip to the back of the frame
- Voila! You've got some great kid Christmas gift crafts for family and friends!
You might also be interested in these free Christmas crafts for kids.
We hope you have fun with these easy craft ideas. To keep up-to-date on new additions to our site, please sign up for our FREE newsletter,
Real Crafts for Real Kids
Search Our Site
More Easy Fun
we have for you by visiting
our sister sites!
If you're interested in learning more about who we are and what we do, then click below!
Salt Dough Recipes
Spring Craft Ideas
Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
Preschool Spring Crafts
Plastic Bottle Crafts
Paper Bag Puppets
Spring Crafts for Kids
Ready to Craft?
[?] Subscribe To This Site