A visit to a special needs kindergarten inspired Maya to come up with some easy spring crafts! Check out this original craft idea for a caterpillar project! Your preschoolers will
be delighted with their results!
This easy craft idea starts with a simple toilet paper roll, some scissors and a stapler...
We provide the step-by-step tutorial...you bring your creative genius! Put your own spin on this idea and let us know how it turns out. For now, let Let's check it out!
Take a look at what you'll need to make this craft:
- Two toilet paper rolls
- Card stock (we used red, light red, green, light green, yellow, and orange)
- Two small yellow pompoms
- Two large googly eyes
- One black marker
- UHU liquid glue or craft glue
1. Cut each toilet paper roll into three rings.
2. Cut strips of different colored card stock the length and width of each toilet paper roll ring. Staple each strip around each ring. You should now have 6 rings in different colors.
3. Line all the rings up, so that the stapled sides are facing down. Take a long strip of card stock, longer than the length of all the rings combined, and insert into the rings. Staple one end of the strip to the inside of the first ring. Staple the other end of the strip to the inside of the last ring.
4. Cut 12 small strips of green card stock, and fold each strip accordion style, as shown in picture. Unfold, and staple to the sides of the rings. These will be the caterpillar's legs.
5. For the head of the caterpillar, take another strip of card stock (we chose red), and staple into a ring so it attaches to the first ring on the caterpillar's body. Use our picture for reference.
6. Cut two thin strips out a different colored card stock (we chose orange), and staple a pompom onto the end of each one. These are your caterpillar's antennae. Next, staple each antenna to the back of your caterpillar's head. Finally, glue the googly eyes into place, and draw a smile using the black marker.
You might also be interested in these easy Spring crafts and ideas.
We hope you have fun with these easy craft ideas. To keep up-to-date on new additions to our site, please sign up for our FREE newsletter,
Real Crafts for Real Kids
Like & Follow!
Fall Craft Ideas
Halloween Crafts for Kids
Salt Dough Recipes
Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
Craft Ideas for Halloween
Fall Arts and Crafts
More Easy Fun
we have for you by visiting
our sister site!
[?] Subscribe To This Site