Here's an innovative and easy Christmas ornament craft for your kids using toilet paper rolls and bits of fabric and paper.
You'll love this project because you have all the makings at home! Follow our simple instructions and we guarentee you'll be pleased with the results.
Toilet paper roll or paper towel roll
Black tempera paint
Yellow and black construction paper scraps (or foam sheets)
Cotton balls or fake white fur
1. Cut the toilet paper roll in half.
2. Paint the toilet paper roll black and let dry.
3. Cut fabric strips aprroximately 2.5 cm (1 inch) wide, and long enough to wrap around the TP roll.
4. Glue in place (around the middle of the roll)
5. Cut a belt buckle from yellow construction paper. Cut a square from our yellow construction paper. Fold the square in half.
Cut another square from the middle of this square. Now repeat for to get two belt buckles. Glue them in place.
6. Cut out 2 oval shapes from black construction paper (these are the soles of Santa's boots)
7. Put glue on each oval, place the TP rolls onto the oval shapes and glue together.
8. Take cotton balls or fake fur and glue to the top of the boots.
9. Glue the two boots together.
10. Glue a ribbon to the back of the boots (with glue) and let dry.
That's it! Your easy christmas ornament craft is finished and ready to be hung on your Christmas tree!
You might also be interested in these free Christmas crafts for kids.