Encourage your kids to make our easy Christmas crafts. Start them off with this tree topping star ornament. It's simple enough to make and will look great as a tree topper for the family tree. But don't make just one....these stars can be hung on doors, windows, or displayed on the mantle as a cheerful decoration.
Let's take a look at what you'll need:
A ruler and pencil
Wooden skewers or twigs
1. Draw a star shape on the paper.
2. Cut the pointed tip off each skewer.
3. Paint the skewers using tempera paint.
4. Using the star that you drew as a guide, form the skewers into a star shape
5. Attach the skewers to one another using the pipe cleaners.
That's it! Grab a ladder and place on your Christmas tree!
You might also be interested in these free Christmas crafts for kids.