It's So Easy to Make Christmas Ornaments With This Recipe
Head straight to the kitchen to craft dough Christmas ornaments. Use our easy salt dough recipe for startes, then think of as many shapes and ideas that you can for
ornaments that you can hang on your tree. We decided to start out with a gingerbread man. Check it out, see what you think, then print out our easy instructions and template and you'll
be all set!
Let's see what you'll need:
Two cups salt, one cup flour, and one half cup of cold water for salt dough
String or emproidery thread
Acrylic paint-brown for the body and red for the mouth
2. Make the salt dough using this recipe. Add one cup of salt and one cup of flour together. Gradually add
a half cup of cold water. Stir until a dough forms.
3. Using the rolling pin, roll out the dough until flat. Ours came out kind of thick, but you can roll yours thinner if you like.
4. Place the template of the gingerbread man on your dough, and using a knife, cut around the template so that you end up with the shape of the gingerbread man. Peel off the paper cutout when you're done.
5. Use a toothpick to poke a hole near the top of the gingerbread man's head. Later you'll pull some string through this hole to serve as a hanger for your tree.
6. Bake your gingerbread man in the oven at 350° Farenheit for approximately 45 minutes. Note: you can also let the gingerbread man harden by leaving it out in the open for a couple of days.
7. Once your gingerbread man has come out of the oven and cooled off, paint him brown and let dry.
8. Decorate your gingerbread man by gluing on the googly eyes, painting his mouth red, an gluing the pompoms to his body.
9. Pull emproidery thread or thin string through the hole you had made, and tie so that you have a loop.
That's it! Your dough gingerbread man is now ready to by hung on the tree! Now it's time to make even more dough Christmas ornaments. Merry Christmas!
Link to Us:
We're hard at work to provide you with the best, easy craft ideas that we can think. If you'd like to link to our site, please copy the code shown in the box below, paste it into your own page making sure it's placed close to our images. If you want a reciprocal link, just ask! We'll be more than happy to oblige. Thanks!
More Dough Christmas Ornaments and Ideas . Take a look!