We combined ideas for Nature and Crepe Paper Crafts to come up with this festive tree! And you'll never guess what we used as our base....Give up? Well, it all started with half a toilet roll and an empty cereal box. The rest is history! Perfect for a Christmas decoration or in honor of Earth Day! Our tree craft is one you'll want to make right away!
Ready to start crafting? Let's take a look at what you'll need:
- One toilet roll
- An empty cereal box
- Brown tempera paint and some paint brushes
- Colored crepe paper
Instructions:1. Look at our photo for reference.
2. Cut out a triangle from the cereal box. You'll decide how big or small you want to make your tree.
3. Cut strips of green crepe paper and glue to the triangle.
4. Crumple small bits of crepe paper into ball shapes and glue to the "tree".
5. Spread thin stripes of glue on the tree and sprinkle glitter onto the glue. Let dry.
6. Cut out a star shape from the cereal box. Spread glue on one side and sprinkle gold glitter on the glue. Let dry.
7. In the meantime, cut a toilet roll in half and paint brown (this is your tree trunk). Let dry.
8. Cut two slits down the side of the toilet roll and on the bottom of the tree. Slip the tree onto the toilet roll.
That's it! You're just completed your first craft! Do you have any of your own ideas for free paper crafts? If you do...share them with us!
We hope you have fun with these easy craft ideas. To keep up-to-date on new additions to our site, please sign up for our FREE newsletter,
Real Crafts for Real Kids
Search Our Site
More Easy Fun
we have for you by visiting
our sister sites!
If you're interested in learning more about who we are and what we do, then click below!
Salt Dough Recipes
Spring Craft Ideas
Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
Preschool Spring Crafts
Plastic Bottle Crafts
Paper Bag Puppets
Spring Crafts for Kids
Ready To Craft?
[?] Subscribe To This Site