Use a Pringles can to make crafts from Recycled Material!
We've been recycling at our house for a long time so crafts from recycled material was almost a "no-brainer" for us. Just take our clown as an example of what you can make using a Pringles can and a couple of toilet paper rolls.
The idea is super easy. Here's what you'll need:
One empty Pringles can
Two toilet paper rolls
Colored construction paper
Embroidery thread for the hair
1. Take a look at your Pringles can and decide where you'll place the head, body and legs. You might want to plan this out on paper before you start cutting your construction paper. We divided our can into thirds. The top third was covered in white construction paper for the head. The body and legs were made from one piece of yellow construction paper wrapped around and glued to the Pringles can.
2. For the face: With black markers, draw two eyes. For the nose we simply used a round red sticker. The mouth was cut from red construction paper and marked with black marker.
3. For the body: We used stickers to fashion a collar and buttons down the front of the shirt. We drew a black line in the middle of the "pants" to designate legs.
4. For the arms: Take two toilet paper rolls and cover with construction paper. Cut out two hands from a second color of construction paper. Glue to the ends of the toilet roll. Glue each toilet roll to the sides of the Pringles can.
5. For the base: We cut two "giant" feet for the base of the clown and glued them to the bottom of the Pringles can.
6. For the hat: We simply made a cone shaped to fit the top of the can and glued a pom pom to the top!
That's it...you've got yourself a cute clown. Check out some of the other crafts we've come up with using tubes and other paper rolls.