Boy, have we got a great, easy child craft idea for you and your kids...creative play with animal masks! Have you ever noticed how kids are
naturally drawn to animals? Well, here's an idea that doubles as a language reinforcement. Take a look.
During group lessons, the kids would choose their favorite animal, place the mask around their necks and then say something like, "I am a dog!" Then they would "act" like the animal and we would repeat the words in English.
(This all in accordance to the Helen Doron method for teaching English as a second language to young children).
You could use these masks in so many ways1. A giant matching game-Print out two masks for each animal. Lay one set of masks on the floor in rows. Place the second set of masks face down in a pile. Let the kids choose a mask from the pile and then match it to the mask laid out on the floor. Have them say the word out loud.
2. Sit the kids in a circle. Show one child an animal mask. He/she then moves to the center of the circle and "acts" like the animal he/she was shown. The rest of the kids have to guess which animal he/she is!
Our selection includes a dog, cat, sheep, cow, rabbit, duck and donkey. All you have to do is print out one (or all) of our templates, let your imaginations run wild and you've got an afternoon filled with animal fun!
Let's take a look at what you'll need:
- White or colored construction paper
- Crayons or markers
- Hole punch
- Ribbon, elastic or a shoelace
Choose a Template
Now Here's What You Do!
- Print out our templates by clicking on your favorite animal: Dog, cat, cow, duck, rabbit, sheep, or donkey!
- Color in any way you wish or print out on colored construction paper--the choice is yours!
- For longer use and a stronger mask, we advise that you laminate the finished project.
- Using the hole punch, make holes on both sides of the mask.
- String ribbon, elastic or a shoelace through the holes and you're ready for play action!
Need Another Child Craft Idea?
We hope you have fun with these easy craft ideas. To keep up-to-date on new additions to our site, please sign up for our FREE newsletter,
Real Crafts for Real Kids
Like & Follow!
Salt Dough Recipes
Preschool Bee Craft
Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
Paper Bag Puppets
Plastic Bottle Crafts
More Easy Fun
we have for you by visiting
our sister site!
[?] Subscribe To This Site