What a great idea for a Butterfly Craft for Kids!
You'll have loads of fun as you shape this butterfly mobile. All you need for this project is some white clay, cookie cutters, a paintbrush and some paint! Add fishing wire and some colorful beads and you'll have a beautiful mobile to hang in any room!
Our thanks go out to Gitit and her mom, Rita for submitting this craft!
Now let's check out the list of materials that they used for this craft.
- White Clay (use one of our recipes)
- Butterfly shaped cookie cutters
- Small paint brush
- Acrylic or poster paints
- Colored beads
- Nylon fishing line
1. Roll out clay to desired thickness (not too thin).
2. Using cookie cutter, make desired number of butterflies.
3. Using a toothpick, poke a hole through the butterfly (top to bottom).
4. Place on a baking sheet and let dry (this may take 4-24 hours).
5. Decorate the dried butterflies (your imagination is your guide)
6. Let dry.
7. String on fishing wire, alternating with the colored beads.
8. Tie knots as you string the pieces (this helps to keep everything in place). Finish off with a couple of knots!
There! you've got yourself a beautiful butterfly mobile.
Foam Butterfly Craft Kit
Butterfly Wall Decals
We hope you have fun with these easy craft ideas. To keep up-to-date on new additions to our site, please sign up for our FREE newsletter,
Real Crafts for Real Kids
Search Our Site
More Easy Fun
we have for you by visiting
our sister sites!
If you're interested in learning more about who we are and what we do, then click below!
Salt Dough Recipes
Spring Craft Ideas
Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
Preschool Spring Crafts
Plastic Bottle Crafts
Paper Bag Puppets
Spring Crafts for Kids
Ready to Craft?
[?] Subscribe To This Site